Saturday, October 4, 2008

Date Night


Last night I took Eric on a surprise date to see the Shangri-La Chinese Acrobats from the People's Republic of China. Eric had no idea what performance we were about to watch, but there were some clues as we came to the De Jong Concert hall where they were performing. We saw a guy dressed up in an Asian style shirt, another guy wearing a t-shirt saying: "Korea's got Seoul," and lots of little kids. His guess was the play Mulan.

These girls were juggling tables and ceramic pots with their feet!


The show was amazing. There were stunts that I've never imagined or could imagine, and the men acrobats were ripped. They were petite, not like Arnold Schwarzenager, but their muscles were some of the most defined muscles I've seen. If you know any anatomy you'll appreciate this: on one guy you could see his deltoid, anterior and middle aspects of it clearly defined! I've never seen that on anyone except for on an opened cadaver. We were very impressed and had a great time.
After the play we took a walk to the spot south of campus where we had our first kiss almost 2 years ago. It was a fun and memorable night.

No comments: