Friday, October 15, 2010

Ella v. Biker

The other morning Ella and I were on a bike ride at 5:30am, so needless to say it was dark outside. I moved over to the very right side of the path to let these two joggers go by, and as we are passing each other one of the guys tells me I need to be wearing a light.

First of all I have to state that I hate most people on the Cherry Creek Trail. They are hypocrites and morons and self-centered.

Second I have to say that I am FED UP with people yelling at me on the trail. I've put my dog on a leash and they still yell. Whatever, F them.

So, this hypocrite runner who was not wearing a light and telling me to wear a light pissed the heck out of me. And so I yelled back (which I proudly can say I am getting REALLY good at), "well then so do you... IDIOT."

I might need therapy. 

The next Cherry Creek Trail fiasco happened at 10:30pm, also when it was really dark. We like to take Ella at extreme times of the day on the trail because people aren't on the trail, and as you can tell we hate the people on this trail. So Eric was biking Ella and she had her shock collar on (no string leash, just the invisible shock collar leash). Two bikers were heading Erics way and so he made sure Ella was close to him on his right side.

The first biker whizzes by. No problem. Ella thought she was in the clear. The second biker whizzes by and BAM! Ella and the front bike tire collide, sending the 60yo biker flying and Ella running away barking for half a mile.

Sighhhh. This is not what we need. Why would Ella dart in front of this biker?! They had lights on. She never does this.

The biker who fell landed on her shoulder and was shaken up. She said she was fine and told Eric to go help Ella. So he went and got Ella who was pretty hurt. She couldn't walk well and had a major limp. She also got hit so hard that it expressed her anal glands and boy does that STINK!

 Ella couldn't walk for a couple days. I had to carry her outside for her to go to the bathroom. She couldn't go on a walk/bike ride for a week. She suffered only soft tissue damage, thank goodness, and no fracture.

Dear Ella, please, no more injuries!



1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Oh my gosh what jerks! And your poor poor doggy!