Sunday, January 2, 2011

25th BIRTHDAY Day 2


My school (University of Colorado School of Pharmacy) had a Winterland Masqurade Ball at the DenverTech Hyatt on Dec 3, 2010. This was part of my birthday celebration weekend, because Eric agreed to dress up and dance with me on account of my birthday. If this ball had occurred on any other day, I would have had my work cut out for me in convincing him to come. 

Eric and I usually duck out of dances early because one of us doesn't like to dance socially, but this dance was different. I made Eric, ahem- I mean one of us dance and I had one of the funnest nights I've had in a long time. 

Eric was a great sport and I appreciate him coming and dancing the night away with me. One notable event  to mention that I will have a hard time forgetting, was the upperclassman girl in the black dress who was drunk off her arse. She couldn't even walk in a straight line... and so she resulted in holding onto a railing and dancing with her butt sticking out into the crowd. She then saw a guy she wanted to dance with, stumbled over to him, bumped and ground him for a second before she fell right onto her back... with legs wide open. YIKES. I was embarrassed for her.   

All in all though, I had a great time dancing and watching my fellow peers (I'm not proud to say this) behave in their drunken state. Why they chose to drink so much at a nice event I don't know, nor condone, but they were doing what they chose to do, and have to suffer the consequences of looking like fools in our professional community of becoming doctors of pharmacy. 

Enjoy the photos!









2 comments:

Chelsea said...

What a fun event! Oh my gosh that is sooo embarrassing! How could that drunk girl ever gain any respect in the classroom again?!?1

ruth said...

you. look. FABULOUS!!! happy bday my dear!