Saturday, February 6, 2010

Shame on the box

Tonight I made dinner...from boxes. It was pretty gross.

I've been studying all day and doing grocery shopping. But I wanted a home cooked meal, instead of you know, cereal. So I thought of the theme: Thanksgiving.

I made turkey, from a tightly sealed, already cooked, package deal.
I made stuffing, from a box.
I made mashed potatoes, from a box.
I made gravy, from a packet.
And then I heated up some green beans, from a can.

Every single thing was non-perishable. It made me disgusted. But I was in a hurry to get back to studying and so this is what was available to me. Sighhhhhh. My poor husband has to suffer through me not cooking, and then when I do cook (aka heating up contents from a box) he still has to suffer.

Did I say cooking was a New Years Resolution for me???

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Yeah, you should ditch the boxed stuff. Do you have a crock pot? That's a great way to cook good food that doesn't take much time.